Sunday 27 January 2013

Standing in the Morning Sun

Day Twenty-Six - 30 Paintings in 30 Days
6"x6" Oil on board
$90+s/h
SOLD

 I did not have a clue what I was going to paint today, in fact the last thing I felt like doing was painting...it's Sunday, a beautiful sunny day and I wanted to be out!! I did go walking early this morning  and as luck would have it, I found my painting for the day!! This gull was just standing quietly in the sun...he even let me get close and take a photo! Very considerate of him I thought!!


8 comments:

  1. Your paintings are so polished. Really enjoy seeing your daily posts on Leslie Saeta's blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Love this painting, It's almost dreamy with the subtle shadows. Very nicely done.

    Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Such nice composition and use of subtle greys.Reminds me of Chris Bacon, a master artist. You ought to enter this in Birds in Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice that he didn't fly away - I love the greys and blue in this one - the atmosphere around him is nice too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it Karen...Looks like Maine(where I am from) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you all for your lovely encouraging comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this peaceful painting! Restful & contemplative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments, I love reading them...they keep me inspired!