Wednesday 4 December 2013

Garlic Bulb

6"x6" Oil on gessoboard
Garlic.... The big bold flavour with benefits! Good for flavour in cooking, health benefits and  great for painting!!! The range of values in the garlic was limited so I had to pay attention to the warm and cool color changes. It was good challenge I will probably try again sometime...it kept me busy for a couple of hours!!
I have been hit and miss with my daily painting lately. We have our house on the market so my peace is shattered from time to time. Hoping it will sell fast and I can get organised again!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful and great subject! I should try painting garlic. I need soooo much practice with white. I know what it is like when a house is on the market. Hoping it sells fast!!! I'll be thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Karen. We grow garlic and I have some beautiful garlic right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully painted....... and the white values look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The subtlety of the whites are awesome Karen! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments, I love reading them...they keep me inspired!