Tuesday 30 September 2014

The Waiter

8"x6" Oil on gessoboard
$90 with display easel

Ordinary People

I particularly like painting people going about their daily lives, like this young guy getting plates and cutlery ready to serve customers in the restaurant.
This is the last day of the 30/30 challenge and I have completed 20 paintings! I would like to have done 30 but it was impossible with house renovations going on. It's been hard at times going out looking for people to paint, but the upside is that I have become much more observant!!  I enjoyed doing figurative work and learned so much... that was the reason I took part, so I'm pretty pleased with what I achieved!

2 comments:

  1. As you should be. I am so impressed. Subject matter was stellar in each painting and all were beautiful. You have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twenty paintings in the midst of house renovations is quite an accomplishment, Karen. Love the new direction your art has taken! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and comments, I love reading them...they keep me inspired!